Sun, 27 Oct|
Detox & Withdrawel
This module will address the understanding of some of the general issues surrounding detoxification and withdrawal.
Time & Location
27 Oct 2019, 18:00 – 29 Oct 2019, 22:00
Somerton Lodge., 43 Victoria Avenue, Shanklin, UK
About the Event
Our one day courses start on the Sunday for an evening of networking and chat. A light supper is provided after which you will have the chance to read, explore and discuss any of John's books (if you wish) watch a recovery focussed film or documentary or just relax in our alcohol free bar.
- 08:15 - 09:15 breakfast.
- 09:30 - 12:30 morning training
- 12:30 - 13:15 lunch
- 13:30 - 16:30 afternoon training
If you wish to return home Monday evening you're more than welcome however the cost includes another nights accommodation and a leisurely breakfast. Spend the evening in the company of your peers, enjoy one of the many fine restaurants or visit the spectacular beaches, whatever you choose enjoy a relaxing evening in peaceful surroundings.
This training, including supper on the Sunday, breakfast, lunch, tea and coffee on the Tuesday and breakfast on the Wednesday costs £225 pp.
Don't forget you will have to get a ferry to the Isle of Wight, we can currently give you a 15%
discount code if you bring the car. If you come as a foot passenger we can pick you up from any of the ferry terminals. Why not try the Hover Craft as an exciting way to cross the Solent.
We are limiting the numbers of these sessions to 6 persons to enable a more relaxed and comfortable experience.
This training is aimed at persons who work in drug and alcohol services and those in a health and social care role who need to improve their knowledge. It is designed to develop the competence of persons in line with the DANOS/NOS based competence framework.
- Identify common medicines used in detox
- State the reason for prescribing vitamin B (thiamine)
- Describe the severe and mild physical symptoms of acute withdrawal
- Describe the severe and mild psychological symptoms of acute withdrawal
- Describe the severe and mild physical symptoms of post acute withdrawal
- Describe the severe and mild psychological symptoms of post acute withdrawal
- Identify a range of longer term withdrawal issues.
- Ticket type
Detox & WithdrawelPrice£225.00